Thursday, December 2, 2010

Fur Glorious Fur..

So, the countdown begins to my journey back to Edmonton, city of dreams... or something like that. Is it weird I am waiting to shop for when I get home? "Edmonton- Fashion capital of the world"... not so much. Oh well, 7% GST is better then 13% tax if you ask me.

Recently I have become obsessed with fur, as mentioned previously in a post... fur and leather. I have never worn my leather jacket so much as I am this year, I am starting to think I should buy a motorcycle to match my look, especially when I pair it with my Michael Kors boots, I looks slightly badass.... only a little. Whatever enough about me. As boredom hit (after falling asleep at 10 pm and waking up at 1:30 am) I decided to browse the Proenza Schouler website (once again out of hopes and dreams that I could afford anything) and then began to realize how sad my closet actually is, designer garb always reminds me that I need to make more money so I can afford it... that or ... well there is no or. Lets take it back a few days (thanksgiving) and say what we are thankful for. I am thankful that I have overcome seventh grade and no longer wear clothing from Suzy Shier, Le Chateau or Parasuco, the fact that I even admitted any of that frightens me to no end, please do not hold that against me... I rocked all of that shit. Oh my evolution over the years... I swear, it only got better...I am also thankful for money. That is all.

Oh, besides all of that greedy greedy... I have the unfortunate pleasure of having my grad photos taken tomorrow, and if you have seen my roots, you would cringe and the thought of being forever known as "the daughter with the bad roots in her grad photo", so I clearly made a hair appointment. In addition to a hair appointment I also bought a new white blouse to wear underneath the gown... don't judge me, I didn't have one before. Besides, H&M was having a sale so it was cheap. Oh, and while I was there I saw a few pieces from the Lanvin collection... I was not so impressed... let's leave it at that. Rumi Neely may have looked good in her Lanvin dress (see fashiontoast.com), however the material was way harsh and I would have swam in it.

Here's a little reminder of my past... before I go to bed to show all of you how amazing I used to be. Keep in mind this was only 2-3 years ago. Smoking nargila, hooka, shisha or whatever you want to call it. This picture is my way of saying "peace out" for the night...



No comments:

Post a Comment