Sunday, February 13, 2011

Grammylicious, kind of like Fergalicious but better.

I am mid Grammys right now and I have a few things to discuss and critique/ give my not so professional opinion on... because I can.

A tribute to Aretha Franklin: Alright, I am not so concerned about the music, more so about the outfits in this tribute.
Jennifer Hudson looked absolutely amazing in her Alexander McQueen Resort 2011 Embellished top, well suited and stunning. Poor girl looked horrendously nervous, but who the eff cares, McQueen solved all. Next... I hate to be rude but when did Christina Aguilera get so fat? Either she is pregnant,  (again? Out of wedlock girlfriend, you go girl!) or she chose the wrong gown for this show. Jer said because she is going through a divorce she is eating her feelings...good thoughts Jer. Her belly was bulging. Whatever, anyways...the second I saw Florence Welch in that beautiful gown i said "Elie Saab"! Duuhhhh. I have been obsessing over his couture collection for quite some time now... and whadya know, its Elie Saab couture. Looked stunning with her red locks. I don't really care about the other women, I am all about the xtina... girlfriends been my favorite since I was a wee girl, fat or not. 

Nicki Minaj looked like a moron, as usual. I don't care who designed your heinous outfit, heinous is heinous.... regardless if god him/herself designed it. Picture Latisha from the Adams Family mixed with a dead Leopard.                                                                                                                                   
Speaking of morons, the infamous Lady Gaga made quite the entrance... in a giant egg. Carried like an Egyptian egg queen, Ms. Gaga was carried through the red carpet in a latex looking egg to promote (or "symbolize") being "born this way". To make matters worse, or better... depending on how you see the situation, she hatched out of this egg on stage just in time for her performance of "Born This Way". Her whole performance made me want to vomit... not to be too critical or anything. She had these weird shoulder implant looking things on that made her shoulders look so disgusting, and her whole performance was very Britney Spears (the dancing aspect), but also very Madonna circa 1980's. Whatever I'm over it.
Here is lady egghead in here egg mobile...




Okay I am over being really critical for a few minutes... maybe. Kim Kardashian, what can I say... she always seems to look stunning when it comes to red carpet events, but perhaps this was a little trashy... I honestly can't make up my mind. Girls got a great stylist though. Her sex appeal is dead on. Not sure how I feel about the nude Louboutin's that she paired with it... but I will accept them, just because I said I was done being critical for a moment. 

Selena Gomez looked great in a J. Mendel dress, really gorgeous.
Anyways, that is all I have to say for now because I have a presentation due tomorrow and I have not finished it.

Other favorites of the night- The biebs in his velvet outfit haha yesssss, Lea Michelle's Pucci dress (although her face sucked tonight- no offense to you half Jew half whatever you are... I still accept you).

Misses- Miley Cyrus (too much jewelry), Eva Longoria, Jennifer Lopez *still on the fence*, Rihanna, Katy Perry

I know there were soooo many more gorgeous and not so gorgeous outfits, however, someone else will have to be critical, I have exhausted myself and really need to go...

Until next time...                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment