Friday, February 11, 2011

I am Back... And better than ever

I am back, and as mentioned in the title, better then ever. I have been doing some soul searching, and some revamping of my life... whatever details shmeetails, who needs them?


So, first order of business, THE GAP. I was doing some research for a Fashions class and came across these old treasures... take a look. I know... I began to feel nostalgic after that and searched for about 8000 GAP ads.


Can YOU spot Rashida Jones (The Office, I Love You Man) in the "Mellow Yellow" ad?  Wonderful... just wonderful...



Next order of business... Rodarte's "Curve of Forgotten Things", anyone seen it? It is his new short featuring 12 year old Elle Fanning... yeah, I said it, 12. My friend Kaley showed this to my class and we are all stumped, for various reasons. what does it all mean!?!!?
http://www.nowness.com/day/2011/2/8/elle-fanning-x-rodarte-by-todd-cole

Is she digging out gold? An asteroid? Is she a 12 year old alien? It's hard to interpret... One thing I know is that the clothing is beautiful, that I can not deny. Is it strange that it's being modeled on an infant? perhaps... but to each his own. This video has such a creepy feel, she just looks like a child serial killer waiting for her prime move. Have to say it though... she is way prettier then Dakota Fanning, sorry guys.

Alright, because I am slightly behind on my posts, some of the things I am going to be writing about may be dated... apologies, but I am still allowed an opinion right?




Okay, these may be some of the ugliest shoes I have ever seen in my life. Created by Massimo Dogana, these pieces of art retail for around $1100. If I wanted to say Fuck you to someone, I would say it with my mouth, not my shoes.

To ad insult to injury, Ashanti was seen wearing a version of the stripper like heels at the BCBG MaxAzria Runway show on Thursday. The shoe comes complete with a rhinestone tennis bracelet and manicured fingernails... why spoil yourself when you can spoil your shoes? HIDEOUS.




And to end this glorious blogging day, I will finish off with a quote from the infamous Joan Rivers in regards to Victoria Beckham, "She is a slut because she’s stunning, elegant and amazing and I’m so fucking jealous of her 32 Birkin bags."Here here sister, here here.

No comments:

Post a Comment